This Pocket Front Card idea came from a Splitcoast Stampers post. I thought the design would be the perfect final card in my 100 Days Project on Instagram. The project was a challenge to create something for one hundred days. I chose cards. It took me a few more than one hundred days to finish, but I enjoyed the process. This card is not one I would make for an everyday occasion, and I’ll need to craft a custom envelope for it because it is quite large. But I can see this design as a gift card holder or a cute Christmas card with a less elaborate collection in the v-shaped pocket.
How to Make the Pocket Front Card
The tutorial for this card on Splitcoast Stampers is excellent. It starts with a standard half sheet of card stock scored at 4-1/4″. Then, with the card in landscape position, the two corners are scored from 2-3/4″ up the side to 2-3/4″ in the midpoint of the front. These fold back, and with a small piece of washi tape to hold them in place, become the v-shaped pocket. One thing I added to my card was a 4″x 5-1/4″ piece of Basic White card stock to the front of the card. You can’t tell because the corners are covered with patterned paper. But it leaves a nice little spot for a sentiment and a note.
For the insides of the pocket, I cut a bunch of the flowers and leaves using the Meadow dies and Mossy Meadow, Soft Succulent, Bumblebee, Daffodil Delight, So Saffron, and Blackberry Bliss card stock. I arranged my newly cut meadow in a balanced and pleasing layout to my eye. Then I added the butterflies using the same dies and Calypso Coral paper.
Next, I added the sentiment, stamped in Blackberry Bliss and die cut with the same dies, to the front of the card with Dimensionals. Lastly, I added punched dragonflies from the Dandy Garden paper. This is the same packet of DSP that I used for the front of the card. There are even little Blackberry Bliss dragonflies playing among the petals. Finally, for a touch of sparkle, I finished with some gold Metallic Pearls.
This is a very special occasion type of card, but it was fun to use all the dies and so many colors. I love the final effect. Big thanks to Dina Kowal for her excellent tutorial. Until next time…Ink up!