Casing a White Christmas

It is never too early to start preparing your Christmas crafts. At least that is the theory behind the Christmas Challenge Stampathon. This Facebook group issues a new challenge each month so that by the time December arrives the participants are well on their way to having their holiday preparations done. I participate because I love the challenges and seeing what everyone else comes up with. This month was “Mainly White”.

I’m not particularly good with clean and simple or mainly white cards. So, I dove into Pinterest for some ideas. Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to locate the original designers for these cards, but I appreciate the Pinterest posts for their inspiration.

Snowflake Wreath

This card is ingenious in its design. It’s a lot of small punches or in my CASE die-cuts layered in a circle to form a wreath. I used the Corrugated dynamic embossing folder to add texture behind the wreath. The snowflakes are cut from Champagne foil.

I plan to repeat this card using butterflies and possibly small flowers. It would make a great Thank you or Birthday card.

Inked Hardwood

For the next card, I really wanted to use a piece of the whitewashed Wood Textures DSP. But I was out! (Yes, I ordered more.) So, I had to get creative. I used the Hardwood dynamic embossing folder, but I inked one side of the folder with Soft Suede —just dragged my ink pad across the side that would embed in the paper. The folder is easy to clean with an alcohol-free baby wipe. The wreath is a from the Swirly Scribbles die set. I added the pine pieces from a Paper Pumpkin and some pearls. Super simple, but elegant card.

Pretty Pines

The final card I’ll share with you uses the Pretty Pines die set. I use this set frequently along with the Christmas Pines stamps that go with it. I used a piece of Champagne foil as the shiny layer. Over that, I crumpled a scrap piece of Kraft paper. I sparkled it up with some Dazzling Diamonds glitter on the folds. The pines branches are cut from Whisper White and the bow is in Champagne foil. There are a couple of sprigs that I die cut from Sparkle Glimmer paper, but they might be hard to see in the picture. And because I might have overlooked an opportunity to sparkle, I added rhinestones.

So, I now have three more Christmas cards ready to send in December and lots of inspiration to attempt more clean and simple designs. Hope you are inspired as well.

If you’d like some Champagne foil paper or Dynamic embossing folders for your next craft project, shop with me

Fusion Christmas Card – TBT

I’m so excited. I found a new challenge site to participate in.  Fusion provides a picture and a sketch. submission can use either of these to inspire a card or both – the “fusion”.  I attempted a Fusion card based on this image and sketch combination.

The image is what initially caught my eye.  The pop of red against an almost monochromatic background with lots of textures.  I decided to use the striped part of the chair, and the pillow as my primary elements for my fusion card.

Stampin Up Corrugated ChristmasI started with a base of Thick Very Vanilla.  On top of that I used a layer of Gray Granite that I embossed with the Corrugated dynamic embossing folder in the Holiday catalog.  I used Real Red with some ribbon from my stash to create the pillow element.

The three elements in the sketch on the right gave me the opportunity to add a small sentiment and include some greenery like the pillow had.  I used the retired Trim Your Stocking dies to cut the leaves. The sentiment is from the retired Merry Cafe set.  I used a 1-3/8″ circle punch and the 1-1/2″ circle punch to cut out the sentiment layers.

I added some Wink of Stella to the holly leaves because I have to have some sparkle, especially for a Christmas Card.

I look forward to playing with the Fusion chalenges again in the near future.


Shop with me

Stampin' Up! Garden Green CardstockClear Wink of StellaStampin' Up Corrugated Dynamic Embossing FolderStampin Up Gray Granite cardstockStampin' Up! Classic Stampin Pad Real RedStampin Up Real Red Cardstock

Treats for the Paper Players

The Paper Players blog challenge pp419I think it’s been too long since I’ve done a challenge! Today I have a clean and simple (CAS) card for The Paper Players Clean and Simple Challenge: PP419.  A CAS card is always a challenge for me.  I looked at my stamp inventory —yes I inventory all of my stamps so I know what I have—and perhaps it was the hour. Or the holiday weekend. But the only thing that struck me as sweet was a big glass of white wine.  Maybe I should have skipped the second piece of pie before I tackled this challenge?

Stampin' Up Takeout Treats and Half Full

For my card, I used the Half Full stamp set along with the Takeout Treats stamp set. The card is on a base of Thick Whisper White. A festive piece of DSP adds a nice wintery touch.  I stamped the two glasses of wine, the bottle with the holly, and the candy in Memento ink. This is the ink to use when you’re going to get out the Stampin’ Blends and do some coloring.  To add a bit of holiday sparkle, I used the Champagne Mist and Vegas Gold shimmer paints to highlight the wine and candies respectively.

The sentiment is from Takeout Treats and is heat embossed with Copper to match the DSP. This looks like the perfect treat for decorating the tree tonight.  Enjoy the rest of your holiday weekend, and a big thank you to The Paper Players for keeping me challenged!


Shop with me – Product mentioned in this post

*** The Online Extravaganza starts today.  Paper and Embellishments are 10% until midnight November 24, 2018, MST.***

Stampin' Up! Takeout Treats Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint Tuxedo Black Memento InkVegas Gold Shimmer Paint Stampin' Up! Copper Embossing Powder Stampin' Up! Crumb Cake Stampin Blends Stampin' Up! Shaded Spruce Stampin Blends Stampin' Up! Half Full